2014年7月1日星期二

My Favorite Celebration


I talk about my favorite celebration; my favorite celebration is spring festival.  

The most important holiday for Chinese around the world is Spring Festival(New Years). But this new years is not to January1, is Chinese New Years. 








In China, Spring Festival has a story. Long time ago, have a terrible monster.  The lion-like monster’s name was Nian, which is also the Chinese word for “year." The Nian is scared of the color red, so in the spring festival, people will be fireworks and wear red clothes. The Chinese recognize the “passing of the Nian” known in Chinese as guo nian.



The Spring Festival as China’s calendar date will change, usually in February. People usually let off fireworks and wear red color clothes, and the family get together for dinner. This dinner Chinese name is “nian ye fan”.

In Spring Festival have many special foods, but must eat dumplings. Spring Festival is my favorite special day because family to get together and very funny. Spring Festival is very important for Chinese.

1 条评论:

  1. Wow! These are very beautiful pictures! That' so colorful! I'm knowing New Year's Day in China but I didn't know that there is this festival in Chine. If there is an opportunity to me, I want to see and join to the Chinese around the world is Spring Festival! ;-) Please tell me next new year day in Chine because I want to celebrate it!

    回复删除